MS RED - now in the skies over Mid Sussex!
Mid Sussex RED would like to thank the following organisations, exhibitors and speaker who were integral to our World War
1 Remembrance & MS RED Launch Event on Friday 11th November 2016. Around 60 people were in attendance for the 2 hour event and £93.00 was raised. From this event £50.00 has been donated to the Royal British
Legion Poppy Appeal, with £43.00 being retained by MS RED to go towards paying for our next event. Many, Many thanks to all involved to make this event a reality and a fitting tribute of Remembrance to those who fell
in military confilct.
Lime tree designs and planning for sponsoring this event.
· Lindfield History Project Group (LPHG) with a large display of life in Lindfield during WW1.
· Sussex Military History Society (SMHS) display stand
· A World War 1 Mini Museum, displaying dozens of genuine artefacts from the conflict.
· Mr Samuel Gray from the Wilfred Owen & Siegfried Sassoon Associations - presentation & reading of some of the great Poets works and personal letters.
· Royal British Legion Lindfield Branch - Poppy Appeal.
· Sussex Family History Group (SFHG) and the stories of Sussex Servicemen in WW1.
· The Somme - “14 Lindfield Men and 14 Horrific minutes; the opening to the Battle of the Somme”. The stories of the Hawthorn Ridge mine, The Lochnagar (mine)
Crater and 14 Lindfield men who now rest in the Somme.
Thanks very much to all individuals & organisations involved in
making this event such an appropriate act of Remembrance to all who fell in Military Conflict. Please click on the this link Photos Oct&Nov 2016 to
view photos of 'The Somme & MS RED Launch Event'. Many thanks from the MS RED Team.